Fostering an Age of Inclusion
Share your Actions on how you will
“Care, Connect and Communicate”
with older adults by posting and sharing!
Here is how you can join Elder Abuse Ontario on World Elder Abuse Awareness Day to encourage others to ‘Care, Connect and Communicate” with Older Adults!
Print the attached template and share it with your colleagues, senior advocates, family members and others who are passionate about spreading the message and commemorating WEAAD.
Finish the sentence, “ I will Foster an Age of Inclusion by…” using the template provided. Some action-oriented examples include:
- Calling my grandmother/grandfather
- Sharing what I learned with my family members and friends
- Hosting presentations to educate the public about elder
- Educating our elected officials about elder abuse
- Asking a senior client how they are doing today
- Encouraging my children to plan activities in their schools to promote WEAAD
- Attending workshops to learn more about elder abuse
Take a photo of yourself holding the template with your response. Add meaning by including a senior, family member, colleague in the photo with yourself.
If you are sharing on Twitter, make sure to tag @elderabuseONT and
Send your photos to EAO’s WEAAD Photo Gallery! http://weaad.elderabuseontario.com/photo-gallery/submit-your-photos/
Thank you for joining us to create a movement of social change in Ontario to stop abuse and neglect of older adults. Every action has an impact. Remember that YOU are a powerful being in the world and that everything you do makes a difference.
If you have any questions about this campaign, please contact [email protected].